Friday 14 November 2008



Visited the Emporers Summer Palace this morning which I did not get to in 2005 as I was unwell that day when my son went there! I am so pleased to have seen it at last as it is so splendid with a beautiful lake, temples and pavilions. There were still a lot of people there despite being "off season" but not so many westerners.
We then went to the Nest area and found that VERY busy and only 50Yuan admission! It is a superb piece of architecture and engineering BUT seems a lot smaller than when watching the Olympics on TV. Well worth a visit.
Having a relaxing evening tonight as meetings again tomorrow, the Chinese companies work Saturdays. Also lunch date with friends. Then leave Beijing Saturday night to go to Chengdu via TaiYuan and Xian.

1 comment:

Bill's Blog said...

I'm following your progress around China with great interest, John. Would like to see a few photos.
from Bill